Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mamaratzy's favorite lens










Do you have a favorite lens? I love my trusty 50mm 1.8 lens, I use it all the time with my Canon. I just shot a wedding and it barly came off of my camera. I decided to do some research on local websites and found the most popular lens for Canon, is the 50mm 1.8. You can get a good deal around $85 dollars through Amazon.

This lens is perfect for portraits, close-ups, and low light settings like the reception or the ceremony. You may need to use a low light telephoto lens for the ceremony or you will need to get really close with the 50mm. I will go in to detail during another discussion about the telephoto lens.



You can view some of my wedding images taken with the 50mm from a recent wedding.




















2 comments: